Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Lazy

Last few days were a bit lazy.
Discovered some new things like There's a lamp in my ThinkPad :-) , found it pretty
useless though.
Tried taking snaps from my new Sony digital camera. Took a snap from my window.
Transferred the image to my TP(ThinkPad) . Not much impressive images though.
The supplied batteries are alkaline, and Sony says use Ni-MH.
The supplied batteries are no good. I had to buy a charger.
Sony is a real cheat company, the supplied memory card is 16 MB. for sony cam's you need
a memory stick pro/duo , etc - sony's proprietary technology. These memory cards are
expensive then other memory cards.

I am researching a bit on Camcorders.
Again Sony comes a cropper. They have the most expensive cam's in the market.
Seems Sony is capitalising real hard on its brand name.
I went to bestbuy last weekend. Saw some cam's , was disappointed with Sony's price tag.
Cam's with similar features from other comapnies were priced approx $100 less.


Nothing much exciting at work. I was working on a new feature for a PC. Have submitted it
in my company, lets see what turns up.

Some news on my once favourite company though - SUN.
They had to cough up something like $82 million to kodak , for using kodak's technology
in Java !
Good they got a dose of their own medicine.
With ibm hot on heels on SUN, it remains to be seen, how does SUN survives now.





No comments: