Friday, November 03, 2006

Sony going down ?

Sony - a company once respected for its products and their extremely high quality, now seems to have lost the quality tag. The recent recall of Sony laptop battery is a huge embarrassment for the company, add to it the delays in shipping PS3.
Earlier Sony was at the forefront of innovation. Today its rivals are catching up. Today I saw a Sony ad, featuring "James Bond 007 TX Spy Gear "http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_ViewStatic-Start;sid=v5yQ4vF7zfKQ77Qxax2a6b52OiDLXemnNE0=?page=static%2fpromos%2fcr_TX
What I saw amused me very much. The VAIO laptop, featured in this ad crowed about a feature called - "Sony Display Privacy Filter", which had this feature -> " Work on confidential documents in public without worrying about onlookers. This privacy screen makes on-screen data visible only to the persons in front of the PC." I had long considered this as a mark of poor LCD quality :-) Many times, I get pissed off by this so called "feature" that Sony has. Since when I want to show something on my laptop to many people, not all can view it properly, particularly for those looking at inclined angles. Talk of innovation !

No comments: