Monday, July 21, 2008

OpenSuse 11.0

Recently(well just today) I installed OpenSuse 11.0. I was a bit excited to see
the all new KDE 4 desktop, that came alongwith. After installing, OpenSuse(OS),
the first thing I noticed was that the fonts were better looking, and more crisp,
then in 10.3. Note -> I did a clean re-install, not an upgrade. After browsing
through the system for a while, I noticed that Alt-Tab combination wasn't working
well sometimes. The configuration of desktop has changed quite a bit.

The thing, that was annoying me most, however was that I was not able to
do an update. Yast kept giving error, about malformed URL. Since I was
able to browse net using firefox, I was a bit intrigued. The soln was, I had to
configure Proxy under Yast,. And the proxy I was using had a diff port number,
which I had to give in the proxy's URL. So my proxy looked like
http://proxy....com:Port_Number , after that things worked well.

No comments: