Saturday, September 11, 2010

Finally Configured Creative SB Audigy 2 on OpenSuse 11.2

For years, I was using my Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card on windows. Though I prefer to use OpenSuse, the lack of drivers was holding me back. After upgrading to windows 7, and after a few windows updates, unfortunately the Creative utility started to crash. Hence I started to configure it on OpenSuse 11.2, and well after googling  for a while I was able to make it working.
I had the drivers installed, but could never get any audio out of it. Saw that in yast, the card was showing up as unconfigured. Configured it, and heard the test audio. But mplayer was still outputting through  the in built audio o/p channel. Had to delete the existing card, which made audigy the default card, and that made it working.
Bass and Treble weren't working initially, have to enable  "Tone" to get them working.

Though the audio quality was a little bit, better on windows, (probably the driver on linux needs more work, and creative needs to fund that :) still I am happy with the way it is working on Linux.

So now, I can happily keep my laptop booted in linux !

No comments: